Monday 10 August 2015

Lifes a Beach

Bumble and bumble Surf Spray


When its super hot outside I really cannot be bothered to blow dry my hair.  Summer grooming is endless, so having the option of eliminating one beauty regime is a definite win.  My hair is bleached, so its quite easy to achieve beachy, tousled (messy) and windswept waves, however, this look can be created from a bottle using Bumble and bumble Surf Spray

Bumble and bumble Surf Spray is designed to thicken and lift hair to recreate that, sexy, salty, just got off the beach look.

I have been interested in this cult product for a while as pretty much every hair stylist I have ever known loves it.  I was under the impression like most people, that Bumble and bumble Surf Spray was for the beach. I used it on the holiday last year and was really unimpressed by its results.  This was because I was swimming a lot and didn't need to fake the beach hair. So, what it actually does is mimic the beach wave look, not create it on the actual beach.

Before discovering this, my bottle had gathered dust on my bathroom shelf, and I was actually gong to give it away.  One morning a few weeks ago, I discovered its amazingness when I was running late (as usual) to meet a friend and didn't have time to blow dry.  The results were incredible.  Since then I have been converted to its magic, and now I'm obsessed with it.  Its perfect for the city girls who want to create an effortless/bohemian/romantic or wild look - that's what summer is about right?  


Here's my air dried Surf Spray hair  

How to be  mermaid/surf girl...

 Simply wash your hair, spray onto the ends, or the roots (if you require volume) and let it air dry.  Easy.  

If you're a semi beach/city surf girl like me, and prefer a little more of a refined mess - blast your roots only with a hairdryer, to set your fringe and parting, or use a diffuser to dry.  Surf Spray works better on semi dry hair. I would finish the look with serum to add shine and prevent any potential frizz, but too be honest the extracts of sea kelp add shine and manageability leaving it looking super soft and shiny anyway.

Please note, results will vary depending on your hair type.  I get asked how I achieve my look all the time, but seriously, all I do is wash it, semi dry and add an oil because its naturally wavy.  Anyone with straight hair or curly hair would have to add additional products, and styling.

Available from Selfridges, Boots, Liberty, and Bumble and bumble 

£21.50 (125ml)



  • Ingredient - Ascophyllum Nudosum Extract: moisturising; elasticity, luster, softness, body, less flyaways
  • Macrocystis Pyrifera (Sea Kelp) Extract: shine, manageability
  • Magnesium Sulfate: astringent


  • No comments:

    Post a Comment