Tuesday 22 March 2016

Flower Power - Fresh Rose Face Mask


Rose is my favourite everything at the moment.  This beautiful and delicate flower is so powerful and versatile - it looks and tastes amazing, and seems to be in pretty much in every beauty product I own. Even the ancient Romans and Greeks were addicted to it; they used it not only to perfume their baths, but as a natural, therapeutic remedy for skin disorders and other ailments. Rose essential oil is still relevant and cool in the anti-age beauty industry today. It contains a natural astringent to tighten pores and restore suppleness, it's antibacterial, and its anti inflammatory properties can also treat burns and other abrasive skin conditions such as acne. 


For the last couple of weeks I have been using the Rose Face Mask by Fresh which is an amazing twice a week skin pick me up. It's infused with real rose petals (2.5 per pot), rose water, cucumber extract, aloe vera gel, micro sea algae, and green tea, to moisturise, tone and brighten the complexion.  It's perfect for mid week boost when you're tired, working late, or burning the candle at both ends. The anti inflammatory properties from the cucumber, aloe vera and rose calms the skin down by cooling it. Therefore, it's good before a night out or special occasion because it really does make your skin look radiant and smooth, the perfect prep before applying makeup. 


As soon as I tried the Rose Face Mask on, I noticed the difference in my skin. It looked like it had changed colour, and was glowing, felt and looked smooth. The product itself is a brown gel with brown petals which is light and melts straight into the skin. It doesn't smell super floral, more medicinal, so if you're expecting a floral, or organic type smell you will be disappointed. It smells like chemicals, mixed with rose, and a hint of aloe vera. I am not too keen on the fragrance, but I don't hate it, and I'm not overly concerned because it does what it says on the tin. Also, you only need to have it on for 5-10 minutes and you're done. Skin is instantly brighter and more radiant. My only negative feedback is that it's not organic, and its expensive. However, as I like to champion natural and organic products, I still think there needs to be a certain amount of science to combat anti-ageing. The packaging is super cute, and a little goes a long way.

Available from Fresh
£47

No comments:

Post a Comment