Tuesday 17 June 2014

Crush of the week...

MARC JACOBS
LOVEMARC - MATTE LIP GEL 



Lovemarc - Matt Lip Gel in Scandal (Limited Edition)
$30

My sisters went to New York last week and brought me back the most amazing gift ever - The Limited Edition Matte Lip Gel by Marc Jacobs.

I have known about Marc Jacobs makeup for a while, but unfortunately, it is not available in the UK. Annoying right? I asked for the lipstick without having physically seeing the makeup myself. Believe me, this amount of trust is unusual for me, but judging by how incredible the perfume collection is, I had no doubt that the makeup wouldn't be as equally as brilliant. 

The Lovemarc Matte Lip Gel packaging is what you would expect from Marc Jacobs; minimal and modern. The case is black, and matt, like the lipstick, with a magnetic glossy white base, so very 80s, but I love it! The lip colour comes in five limited edition shades, from vivacious brights to sultry nudes. Choose from lip colours - Shout, Scandal, Gossip, Pout, and flirt. I Love and want them all!

Mine is Scandalous, an unusually bright, and vibrant red, with a hint or orange. It is constructed from two primary ingredients: Kokum Butter to replenish lips with natural, hydrating properties, and Murumuru Butter, a natural source of fatty acids and Vitamin A to restore elasticity and increase moisturisation. This is what makes the lipstick demi-matt, giving it a more modern and effortless look. I have heard that glossy lips are back.  If you're not ready to go back to circa 2001, and binned your last Juicy Tube, then a demi-matt lipstick is for you. It glides onto the lips, and is so highly pigmented, you don't need to add another coat. Also, the hydrating ingredients that the lipstick contains helps to moisturise the lips unlike matt lipsticks by other brands like MAC. The Lovemarc Matte Lip Gel in Scandal can be worn both day and night, and works great with a tan, nude makeup, and maybe a touch of bronzer. 

If you do get a chance to go to the US, make sure you head down to Marc Jacobs or Sephora.


Are you GELous? Thought so. I guess the point of this post is really a letter and a very desperate plea to Mr Marc Jacobs, and his wonderful team...

Please can you bring your makeup to the UK...? 
Please :)

No comments:

Post a Comment