Friday 10 April 2015

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream

Between December and February I looked hideous! I had a horrible allergic reaction to an eyeshadow which resulted in a disgusting case eczema around my eyes.  I know I sound a little dramatic, but it was a terrible three months.  I had to get through party season with swollen, patchy, and red eyes.  Can you imagine?  I endured Christmas, New Year and my Birthday without glittery eyes, black mascara, and my signature cat flicks!  I couldn't wear any eye makeup, or use any perfumed products on my skin.  It was awful.  Last month it got worse, so I finally went to the doctor who prescribed a cream which got rid of it over night.

Luckily, there was some light during these dark days, I discovered the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream.


There was a lot of experimentation during the swollen eyes days - no eye makeup, different eye creams, a lot of apple eating (natural antihistamine apparently) and a whole new set of sensitive skin products.  I found a free sample of the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream in my bedroom which I threw into my bag because it was small enough to carry around.  I was so shocked to discover, that after months of trying to calm down my rough, itchy and inflamed skin using hydrocortisone and other over the counter creams, Ultra Facial Cream literally melted the dry patches away with one application!  It is incredible.

Unfortunately, it wasn't a magic potion, so I did need medical treatment in the end.  Since then, I have been really particular about what I use on my skin and use Ultra Facial Cream every day.  It promises to hydrate even the most parched skin (like the one around my eyes) improvement of skin softness, smoothness, and radiance.  This is all true.

Ultra Facial Cream doesn't have a scent, it's not very expensive, and its packaging is really minimal, so I would say, as a whole, this product is completely understated.  Do not be fooled, its probably the best, and most reliable moisturiser I have ever used.  It hydrates my skin beautifully without being oily, its brilliant under makeup because it absorbs quickly, and leaves skin feeling smooth and soft.  It would be perfect if it had an SPF.

I've been researching the product too, and discovered that it has cult status.  I already know that a lot of makeup artists have it as a must have item in their kit, but with fans like Olivia Palermo, Reece Witherspoon, Kim Kardashian, and Cameron Diaz, its not surprising that its flying off the shelves - 2 million jars were sold in 2012, and globally Kiehl's sells 4 jars every minute.

Also, now that its getting warmer, Ultra Facial Lotion is lighter version of the cream and also contains UVA and UVB protection (SPF30).

Since reading this post, around 6 bottle have already been sold.  Go get yours now!

RRP - £24.00 for 50ml, £43.50 for 125ml 
Available from www.kiehls.co.uk

*Please note, I put quite a lot of this cream around my eyes to make the dry skin melt away, and reapplied it every few hours. It won't do that to your entire face on one application. Enjoy. I hope you love it as much as I do... 
  

1 comment: