Monday 23 November 2015

NEXXUS Haircare

THE POWER OF PROTEIN


If you're a fan of bounce balls and being 'lean in 15', you're a fan of protein.  Its everywhere - all over Instagram, and pretty much every healthy food label in the supermarket.  Out with gluten and sugar, and in with protein. I wouldn't be surprised if its one of the 'coolest' and overused words on social media right now.

So protein posse, did you know it's good for your hair too?  I have discovered a cult US brand called NEXXUS which uses 100 per cent Elastin Protein and Marine Collagen which brings life back to hair.  It has to be amazing, as it is founded by Jheri Redding, who in 1930 changed the haircare game forever by creating the modern day conditioner we all use today.  We have a lot to be thankful for, and to me, he is basically God.

I have been using the Emergencee Shampoo, Conditioner, Leave in Creme, and Restoring Masque for a week now and I can already see and feel the difference compared to the last brand I was using.  It feels like an expesive product because when I wash and condition my hair, it feels super thick and spongy in the shower, as if its full of moisture.  The kind of feeling you get when you have your hair washed at the salon.  It smells great and I only need to use a small amount which is very handy because its not cheap.  The leave in creme is weightless and helps to untangle my hair, however, it doesnt feel as moisturising as an oil or serum, so I do need to add additional products.  I used the mask today after shampooing which was left on for 3-5 minutes and then rinsed off.  The masque is a concentrated formula which reinforces the inner fibre and structure of the hair to strengthen and reduce breakage.  It made my hair look soft, shiny, weightless and glossy which is amazing. I even managed to easily get my tangle teezer through my hair, which is kind of a miracle. Also the benefit of a treatment mask that it only needs 3-5 minutes application means it's perfect to use during the week before work. I usually use hair treatments on the weekends, when I have 20 minutes spare to sit in the shower, but too be honest, I find that incredibly boring too. This is fast and so effective - I'm feeling like the power of protein is subtle, yet strong.


If you log on their website, you are able to answer a quick questionnaire for a full diagnosis (above).  Nexxus has a tailor made method to customise each product to your needs.  Choose from the different ranges, Nutritive, Oil Infinite, and Youth Renewal.

Available Online and from Selfridges

Prices Start from £14.00

No comments:

Post a Comment